Photoluminescent pigment can be applied to make photoluminescent ceramic glaze directly. Following content is some information about the method of making photoluminesent ceramic glaze for your reference.
1.Make the based normal transparent ceramic glaze.The glaze should be ground thin,can through the 250mesh sieve.
2.Mixing well the photoluminescent pigment and the based ceramic glaze by the proportion of 4:6 to make the luminous ceramic glaze.
3.During the production,don’t let the photoluminescent pigment touch with the metal material,otherwise the luminous effect will be affected
Use of Luminous Glaze of Pottery
1. Luminous glaze on the surface of internal brick wall
(1) Mix luminous glaze of pottery and water in the ratio of 1: 0.6—0.7 in ball grinding machine for about 20 minutes to prepare glair.
(2) Use the way of spreading, pouring and dropping glaze on the pottery blanks to form 200—400μm glaze layer.
(3) Let them dry.
(4) Quickly bake them for 35—50minutes with a temperature of 1000–1080℃ to get the glaze surface bricks that used on internal wall.
2. Luminous Ground Brick (with designs)
(1) Mix evenly luminous glaze of pottery and proper meshwork oil to get meshwork printing slurry.
(2) Print luminous glair using meshwork on the surface bricks with white unbaked glaze layer to form luminous designs.
(3) Pour transparent glair on the surface of designs.
(4) Bake them for 35—45 minutes with a temperature of 1100–1180℃ to get ground bricks with luminous designs.
3. Internal Wall Bricks with Luminous Design (Baked for three times)
(1) Mix luminous glair of pottery with proper printing oil of meshwork to prepare slurry for meshwork printing.
(2) Print luminous designs on the surface of baked bricks with white glaze.
(3) Pile transparent dry glaze powder on the luminous designs with meshwork.
(4) Bake them for 40—45 minutes with a temperature 900—1000℃ to get bulgy designs on the bricks for decoration of internal wall.
1. Avoid attrition between luminous glaze and metals, or will influence luminous effects.
2. if there is settle in glair, add 2% pengrun earth to increase suspension of glair.
3. The preferential product applied is the transparent glaze produced by our corporation.
Use for Luminous Porcelain Glaze
Use for luminous porcelain glaze: We’d better paint the luminous dye on baked white glaze to form luminous design, and the way of white glaze bake and painting is the same as traditional white porcelain.
1. Mix the porcelain glaze dye and water in the ratio of 1: 0.5-0.6 in the grinding machine for 5—6 minutes to make the glaze slurry.
2. Paint the luminous dye on baked white glaze to form the design. The luminous degree is 400—500um;
3. Let it dry.
3. Bake it at degree of 800—850℃ for 2-4 minutes to get luminous porcelain products
4. In order to get a slick surface, we can paint a thin layer of transparent glaze on the luminous glaze.
5. We also can mix glaze dye with printing oil of grid to get luminous design using grid-printing craft.
1. During operation, we should avoid the luminous glaze to meet metal, or it will alter the luminous effect.
2. During operation, we can add less 1-2% (weight) suspension medium into glaze slurry if it settles.
3. We can get the best result if we choose glaze dye produced by our company.